account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Pre-order Offer

Highlighted
Regular
Message 71 of 131
Message 71 of 131

Re: Pre-order Offer

I was able to discuss this issue with Kondor this morning, after emailing them, who agreed that the current problem was that the UK E-Store IMEI numbers had not been uploaded. They asked for some time to resolve this, called me back and we tested with my IMEI number and all was well.

However the colour I wanted was not avaiable and I had to order the WHH900NB: h.ear Series WH-H900N Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones in Black.

Having previously been advised by Sony that they would change my order to blue if it was shown as unavailable I then contacted Sony but was again pushed from department to department. Eventually I did speak to someone who has take ownership and he getting back to me.

What is unacceptable though is Sony's response to this issue - at least I received a thank you from Kondor for helping resolve the issue. Sony seem to believe in denial.

Being a regular repeat Sony customer I was also going to upgrade my wife's earlier Xperia to a XZ1 Compact - now I'm not so sure.

Regular
Message 72 of 131
Message 72 of 131

Yes I've just sucessfully ordered the WH-H900N in black 1:00pm in the UK.  Nearly fell off my chair when the IMEI was accepted.  Blue were out of stock, gold stock levels about 50 and black about 150.  Many thanks to all who pestered Sony on the problem.

One time poster
Message 73 of 131
Message 73 of 131

Finally my IMEI  number is recognised, but all the blue headphones to match my phone have gone, so had to pick black.

I also tried lots of times from 0.01 Friday morning onwards, and kept getting told try in a few more hours. I have wated so much time and very frustrating.

I am also concered its still not working, as I have not recieved the conformation email yet.

A company like Sony really need to do better.

Regular
Message 74 of 131
Message 74 of 131

I haven't received the confirmation email either, and I never did on the original order.  I printed the headphone order confirmation screen out this time as suspected the email wouldn't come through.  I received a reply from customer services to say that they had passed my details through to the management team so not sure if they are updating the imei database en bloc or on an individual basis.

Inhabitant
Message 75 of 131
Message 75 of 131

No confirmation email for me, either. This is the worst campaign I can remember: it is actively undermining the brand and building resentment. 

Regular
Message 76 of 131
Message 76 of 131

To be fair I did receive a confirmation email - maybe a spam issue? 

In fact I have also been advised of delivery later this week - of the wrong colour due to the inability of Sony to manage this promotion professionally.

Sony's response has been appalling - at least Kondor reacted, sorted the issue and apologised - perhaps this is something Sony could learn from. My guess is that Sony never sent the IMEIs of their E-Store customers to Kondor.

The Support and Tech Support teams at Sony have been absolutely useless - but clearly this is a management issue, not down to the indiviudals. Even now they deny any issues and put the blame on us for not being able to access the system earlier!!

Brand mis-management!

Inhabitant
Message 77 of 131
Message 77 of 131

I'm glad that you all finally managed to go through the procedure!

I guess they didn't link the imei database to the site. But I have to say that here in Italy Sony Support was very active and helpful.

@philip3 so you've already received a delivery notice? I only got the order confirmation email, but as long as I have an order number that should be good. 

Regular
Message 78 of 131
Message 78 of 131

@albelTW - yes I have now received a delivery notice for later today, in the wrong colour, which wouldn't have happened if the site had worked properly.

UK Sony support has been disgraceful, Kondor only marginally better. So many problems - clearly insufficient testing, despite lots of time to do so. Even the email address in the confirmation is wrong - it's routed to Sony France, who took 2 days to reply in order to say that it was nothing to do with them!

It comes to something when I would have been better off  buying from Carphone Warehouse, not Sony directly.

Inhabitant
Message 79 of 131
Message 79 of 131

I've still received nothing. No email reply from Sony, no call to explain what's going on. 

Shameful performance. It's so bad, I almost wish I'd bought an Apple!

Inhabitant
Message 80 of 131
Message 80 of 131

they should've simply bundled the headphones with the XZ1 And let the phonecompanies handle returns etc. Given the limited choices available, just bundling equal phones to headphones wouldn't make much difference and it would be less administrative ovethead. The consumer also gets to use the combo directly instead of this will they? \won't they limbo.

I called Xperia support today, getting a very disgruntled employee stipulating it was clearly written the waiting time is 4 weeks. Personally, when it says "within 4 weeks" I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a sign of life 3 1/2 weeks in. Last time I checked they are an international company, not a procastrinating student about to turn in an essay 2 minutes before deadline