account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Pre-order Offer

One time poster
Message 11 of 131
Message 11 of 131

Re: Pre-order Offer

I pre-orderered my XZ1 Compact from Media Markt in Germany.

The page's language is german now...

But my IMEI can not be recorgnized.

I started trying at 0 am. Retried again and again.

I feel betrayed now.

Apprentice
Message 12 of 131
Message 12 of 131

Same here. Trying from Germany, only got to the UK page for the first four hours, then the link was updated for the German version. Received the same result on both versions of the page, though - IMEI not recognized. That is terrible, since I have all the documentation of my pre-order on file and actually the terms and conditions clearly state that I would get to uploading those in any case. No mention of an online eligibility check. Already sent them an email, will try to call them in a couple of minutes. Kind of anticipating the answer that they're out of stock.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 131
Message 13 of 131

Same for me.

IMEI is not accepted, I've tryed multiple times. (from germany)

What's wrong with you, Sony!?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 131
Message 14 of 131

Hi everyone!

I'm very sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

This is a global user based community and pre-order offers may differ between different markets/regions. Therefor I would recommend that you get in contact with your Local support, as they are better equipped to assist with how register your device to claim your pre-order headphones.

I hope this will be resolved as soon as possible and i'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 15 of 131
Message 15 of 131

Tried calling local support. They have no clue. Redirected me to Sony Promotions team, which went straight to 'please record a message'. SonyMobile going down the VAIO route...

Amit

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 131
Message 16 of 131

Good morning Emil, thanks for your reply! - Let me just explain, that my motivation for posting here was not to be provided with an immediate solution by one of the moderators, but rather to alert Sony to the fact that something is not working. Apart from that, it was good to find out that I am not the only one having this problem, because as you can imagine, I was sitting in front of my PC at midnight and thought I was about to go crazy.

Always highly emotional, such limited offers and promotions - I just phoned the German service and they at least gave me some perspective. Now I just hope that I can count on their word that this will be up and running soon again. :-)

Best regards

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 131
Message 17 of 131

This isn't working in the UK either. I'm extremely unhappy: if I don't get the promised headphones, I will be rejecting the phone under the sale of goods act and boycotting all Sony products in future.

This promotion is an absolute shambles.

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 131
Message 18 of 131

I'm in Italy, same problem for me, IMEI code not found (XZ1 Compact). I got in touch with local support through chat and they told me to send an email to the address shown in the contact page of the promotion website, indicating IMEI number and attaching a proof of purchase.

I'll report back when I get an answer.

Visitor
Message 19 of 131
Message 19 of 131

Yes, same problem! (Germany)

I was already suspicious when the registration was still closed at 00:01am EST.

After the homepage suddenly changed to English I thought "OK, let's wait for the UK".

Registration opened as expected one hour late. Hard time for a punctual German guy Winking Face

But now my IMEI isn't recognized... yeah, that was worth staying awake...

Since we all have the same problem there might be a chance that we'll get a headphone after all Winking Face

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 131
Message 20 of 131

Finally got through to the phone number being given out by Sony. This is for a promotions company, who aren't involved in the headphones promotion. The poor woman sounded exasperated: they're being flooded with calls.

Sony apparently 'doesn't know' who is running this promotion. This has all the hallmarks of a disastrous campaign. Remember the Hoover holidays, anyone??