account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Playing audio through USB

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Playing audio through USB

Hi Folks

Is it possible to connect the phone to play audio through USB, such as in a car? 

3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Playing audio through USB

If you car's stereo accept usb audio input as an external DAC, yes.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Sorry I should have been more specific. I previously had the iPhone 5s and that connected. However I now have a Sony xperia and I get an error message. Do I need to download anything? 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@StephenCasey,

So what you're saying is you want to connect your smartphone to your vehicle entertainment/control system via USB, and have it playback music stored on your smartphone?

My understanding is that the stereo needs to specifically support this, and none of the vehicle entertainment/control systems I've used over the years have worked this way with Android... Apple always does, but never Android.

It's frustrating I know, but I've tried to get this working myself and no matter what I do, it never seems to work... A bluetooth or auxiliary cable is going to be your best bet.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!