account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Photo distortion - latest patches applied

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Photo distortion - latest patches applied

Hi

I was really dissapointed to find the images taken with the front facing camera of the XZ1 are still really distorted, even with the recent fix applied.  Has anyone else noticed this? 

I took some photos of the family in front of a few christmas scenes only to find the person on the left of the image looks like cardboard cutout due to the image skew.

I havent had this phone for a full 30 days yet and I must admit, Ive moved back to my Xperia Z2 simply because it takes a better (if not lower quality) image and has the double tap to wake option.  I dont know if I can justify this phone as an upgrade worthy of the price tag.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Photo distortion - latest patches applied

This phone is really not worth it. It's not a flagship. It just has 835 snapdragon nothing more of a flagship. Software has less features than a Pixel Phone has... and camera... Oh gosh camera is so bad... I really bought it for the camera and it disappointed me so much that i even stopped taking pictures, because the results was getting on my nerves...  All are mediocre or bad, except the chipset. Here in Greece we bought it 380euros in black Friday. That should be the starting price.

D-C
One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Just purchased and can't believe how bad the selfie photos are. Turns my kids faces into moons. Trying to find a fix. Not expected from Sony with all its camera experience. 

Prob need to return the phone! 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Here distortion on XZ2 samples. Sony division don't care image quality on xperia phones

https://cs5-2.4pda.to/12580979/DSC_0001.jpg?s=006be0ded43a7f665aca6dae00000000fcb6d12b1c3cdd5ed2405e...

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

êðîïû2.jpgXZ2 P20.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Xperia cameras always lost the old Nokia Lumia cameras

I just don`t find the words, once again be disappointed with Xperia cameras. Why this problem, starting from the distant 2013, cannot or don`twant to be solved to this day. Xperia cameras, still haven't learned to work with complex lighting. Who is in the company. orders to do so that smartphones with better sensors, will lose to smartphones with more simpler sensors ..?

Year from year, the same. It's definitely not funny

Xperia XZ1 vs Lumia 950

z1.jpg

950-xz1compact.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Xperia XZ2 Premium camera - FAIL

There were so many hopes for this smartphone, I thought, finally, Sony will have a dual camera capable of taking excellent pictures both during the day and especially at night.
But to our general disappointment, two unpleasant aspects emerged.
The first is that the second module is not involved in the daytime, the daytime image quality, no better than that of the XZ2
The second disappointment is that even the second module did not reveal any advantages over what it was before..?
Again we see how the camera still cannot capable of coping with complex lighting, bright areas and light, again over-exposed, and detailisation at a very poor level.

And after that, Sony has the audacity to ask for this joke phone 1000 $ ???

xz2p20pro.jpgBlurxz2 vs p20..jpgLike always - overexposedP20 vs XZ2P.jpgAgain P20 Pro, much betterUntitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpgOld Pixel shows correct colors and wider DRUntitled4.jpgOld problems (lost sky) image clippingUntitled5.jpgWow! So big difference hereXZ2P HTC U12+.jpgBlurry vegetation (great job Sony)xz2p vs p20 pro.jpgOverexposed bright areas on xperia