account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Photo Geotagging feature gone

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Photo Geotagging feature gone

So I was checking the geotags on my photos only to find that the feature is no longer available, the camera can still add a geotag on photos taken but the feature that let's me add or edit the geotag is gone from the album was this recently removed?? 

5 REPLIES 5
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Photo Geotagging feature gone

Hi @GCS88;

The geotag/map function of the Album app was removed in the last app update, as announced by Sony. 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Well that it was such a nice feature! My xz1 is also suffering from slow actions on the photo app, when I take a photo it takes time before it appears same as when I'm deleting them. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @GCS88, sorry to hear about the device being slow at handling photos.

Are you saving and deleting the photos from an SD card or are they stored on the internal storage? If you are using an SD card, try and temporarily change the data storage to the internal storage > snap a few photos and try deleting them. You can change this setting if you open up the camera application > tap the cogwheel in the top right corner > Data storage > Internal storage.

This will tell us if these actions are only slow for when saving/deleting photos that are on the SD card or if this is also affected when using the internal storage.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Why are they removing such convenient features? :Astonished Face