account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Notification saying headset not supported when i try and connect them.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

1 REPLY 1
Rookie
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Notification saying headset not supported when i try and connect them.

I used to have the same problem. But this only seemed to be when my phone got wet. I used a cotton swap and a paper towel (twisten between my fingers so it's pointy) to clean the headphone jack. Ever since I did that, the issue has not returned (unless it got wet again). Using a can of compressed air might also do the trick.

This might work for you too.

! CAUTION ! though, make sure u use a type of cotton swap that is firm and small so it fits easily in the headphone jack en does not leave any fibers or threads. The same goes for the paper towel. Anything left behind might cause a poor connection or no connection at all. Do not force anything in the headphone jack as it may damage it.

Good luck.