account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No sim card error

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

No sim card error

I've just purchased a brand new, unlocked XZ1.

The device seems to be fine on the whole but it didn't register when I inserted my O2 sim card. Believing it to be an issue with unmounting the sim from my old phone, I ordered a new sim. It took several attempts to get the device to register that a sim card had been inserted and when it did register the sim, it automatically rebooted but says no service. I've been through settings and tried to select to register the device with the O2, 4G network, which is listed as available but can't register... And yet my old phone is already running on this same network in the same room.  I then tried to send a text message to O2 thinking that perhaps the issue is in relation to no mobile number being issued with my new sim, which is intended as a swap card for my old sim. When I texted SWAP to the O2 number, it said unable to send try again when sim inserted... So still not reading sim card. Is my device FAULTY? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: No sim card error

@Lisareyno

If it doesn't detect SIM cards, you could repair the phone with XC but it'll be wise to take it back to the store or contact your Local support

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@Lisareyno

If it doesn't detect SIM cards, you could repair the phone with XC but it'll be wise to take it back to the store or contact your Local support

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you @uliwooly

I found that my sim card finally registered after I ran an update on the OS, so might have Ben an issue with the interface between the XZ1 and Android 8 (Oreo) 

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Lisareyno

Glad to hear that it's working