account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No delivery reports

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

No delivery reports

Translation via Google Translate:

There is no longer the option delivery reports in the messages, it was there in the xz but not in the xz1, someone would be it how to activate it because even following the user guide no way
Thank you in advance for your answers

Il n y a plus l option accusé reception dans les messages, elle y etait dans le xz mais pas dans le xz1, quelqu un serait il comment faire pour l activé car meme en suivant le guide utilisateur pas moyen 

Merci d avance pour vos réponses 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: No delivery reports

@Maryj

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Open your Messages app -> tap on the 3-dots icon on the top right corner -> Settings -> Advanced -> Enable "Get SMS  delivery reports".

Hope I understood your question correctly after translation.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

No, in the xperia z1 from Bouygues there is no option, is this due to a new email application ??Screenshot_20171113-202208.png

Commissioner
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I do not think the new Google messaging app allows delivery reports. I have the same problem with my xz1c and I'm with Vodafone UK. It worked perfectly well with my z3c which had the Sony messaging app.

I hope that Sony will go back to their own messaging app, which was far superior. I sometimes also have difficulty reading messages with the new app because the text has white lettering and some of the background colours are flourescent and there is no option to change this. With the old Sony app the background colour was set by what theme colour you set.

Learner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

That's really strange from Sony to ignore that Nokia 3310 feature! I'm so upset... 

Learner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

InkedScreenshot_20171118-232051_LI.jpg

Is this what you mean? I have it in Norway

Regular
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Seems like the Advanced menu of the Messaging App differs for the firmware customization. On my German single SIM XZ1 i have the switch "Get SMS delibery report", but other 2 menu points are missing: Enhanced features and Wireless alertsScreenshot_20171119-050545.png

Pioneer
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Perhaps use a different SMS client?

If you really need delivery notifications and it is not supported by your current firmware, then this might be the best way around it...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Commissioner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Thanks Volente and Duri, It looks like Delivery reports, Wireless Alerts and Enhanced features are not supported in the UK.

Thanks also Gregoryopera, I may give OKSMS a try. Hopefully it will work ok with Oreo.Screenshot_20171119-143027.png 

Learner
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Not for France may be at the next update of the messaging software