account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

My xz1 screen keep turning on by it self for no reason

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: My xz1 screen keep turning on by it self for no reason

@Ioannipan 

Does this happen when you get a notification?

Does your phone has a protective case that might be pressing the power button?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: My xz1 screen keep turning on by it self for no reason

Hi @Ioannipan, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Is this something that has started to occur very recently, or has it been going on for a while? If it started to occur very recently, do you remember if you perhaps installed a new application just prior to this?

Certain applications will turn the screen on when you receive a notification from them, so could you please check if you have a new notification when the screen is turned on by itself?

You can also restart your device in safe mode, so we can see if any of the downloaded applications is the cause of this, as they are temporarily deactivated in this mode.

Let us know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.