account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My xz1 is restarting most of the time.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: My xz1 is restarting most of the time.

Hi @Randy119,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

When does this happen, is it when you are doing anything particular? I would recommend that you try to temporarily remove any SIM and SD card from your device to see if they may be causing this behavior.

You can also reboot your device to safe mode to see if this behavior isn't caused by any of you downloaded apps as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.

Let me know how it goes. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hello @Emil,

Thank you for your reply. I pre ordered it through Sony official website and it got delivered 3 days ago. Since the day I've bought it its restarting most of the time and some times the phone freezes as well. I did try all you're solutions but unfortunately it's happening again. Could you please help me on this issue. 

Thanks

Randy

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

send to the service centre. logically, what you r experiencing should not be happening and sounds like a major hardware/internal problem.

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Randy119, you might want to try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. if it doesn't solve your problem then, as@Zulz said, you should contact your Local support and schedule a repair with them.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Randy119, As already suggested in this thread what you can try is a software repair using Xperia Companion.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior I'm afraid that you either need to contact the retailer where you bought the device or contact your Local support team for assistance with having your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.