account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

My volume and power button aren't working anymore and now my phone can't turn on anymore

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

My volume and power button aren't working anymore and now my phone can't turn on anymore

The buttons of my phone arent working anymore and my phone turned off (battery empty)

I need help with turning my phone back on.  

I wonder if its possible to reboot or simply turn on my phone without the buttons.

Maybe if i were able to get it to debug mode somehow?

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: My volume and power button aren't working anymore and now my phone can't turn on anymore

@royistedub 

I'm sorry to say this but there isn't a way to do so w/o the power button 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: My volume and power button aren't working anymore and now my phone can't turn on anymore

Hi @royistedub, I'm really sorry to hear about that. 

As @uliwooly are mentioning, there is no other way to start the phone up without the power button. 

In your case I would recommend you to contact your local support team for more information about how to send your phone in to an authorized service center.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

This also happened to my XZ1. I took it to the workshop and they told me that the circuits had been disconnected due to an increase in temperature.

The buttons were soldered and the problem was solved.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Pepe123986

That is really good to hear. Slightly smiling Face 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us about it.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.