account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My new Xperia XZ1 needs a password to open, although the i have set a finger print

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

My new Xperia XZ1 needs a password to open, although the i have set a finger print

Although my new mobile phone has a fingerprint set, it is asking me for a password to open after restart, i have not registered it with a gmail account yet. Now I cannot open my new mobile.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: My new Xperia XZ1 needs a password to open, although the i have set a finger print

Hi @bella17, welcome to our forum!

You will have to use  your backup screen unlock option (PIN, password or pattern) in these situations:

• The first time that you unlock your device after you have enabled fingerprint.
  • When your fingerprint isn't recognized after 5 tries.
  • After restarting your device.
  • When more than 72 hours have passed since you last unlocked your device using your backup screen unlock option.

Do you remember the backup password that you set when setting up the fingerprint unlocking? If you can not remember it, you can with the help of a computer repair the software in the device. This will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device and remove any previously set screen locks.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.