account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My Xperia XZ1 is unable to get any new update (still stuck on Aug'17 security patch)

Rookie
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

My Xperia XZ1 is unable to get any new update (still stuck on Aug'17 security patch)

Dear concerned,

I have bought an imported Xperia XZ1 (Made in Thailand) in this month and i have noticed that after i started using my phone, there is no system update available regardless of timeless search for updates. My security patch is of August 5, 2017 (out of the box). I emailed to Sony Mobile GB who have advised me to repair the phone via PC Companion.

I want to get some other suggestions as well. Do i really need to repair it? or is there any other way to get the latest update?

Regards,

Adil,

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: My Xperia XZ1 is unable to get any new update (still stuck on Aug'17 security patch)

@AR13

Did you try connecting your phone to a PC/laptop that has Xperia Companion installed? It should automatically detect any available updates when you choose MTP (or File Transfer) in USB connection mode popup.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Re: My Xperia XZ1 is unable to get any new update (still stuck on Aug'17 security patch)

Yeah i did connect it and it said, my phone has the latest available software. Also i checked through website by entering my IMEI number and it told me the same. 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

@AR13

First check your customization version typing on phone app *#*#7378423#*#* service info / software info. Then check on www.xpericheck.com what software version you should have for your phone. If it is different, try connecting your phone to Xperia Companion (on pc / laptop) and see if it detects new software that needs to be installed. 

Rookie
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Yeah it says it has to be different but my phone is unable to detect this latest firmware.

Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

What customisation number did it give you in the service menu?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

1309-7037_R1B

Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

That customisation is a "commercial and journalist" model, these units are not meant for end users and as such don't usually recieved software updates.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Rookie
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

**bleep**, and how to confirm it? 

Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Myself I would either contact the seller and complain, or I would look into flashing a different customisation for that device.