account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Muffled sound from the speakers

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Muffled sound from the speakers

I got this my Xperia XZ1 2 days ago. I chose it for the audio and I was so excited about the two front speakers. But since the unboxing the  sounds are so muffled that I'm thinking this phone was such a waste of my hard-earned wages. I just accepted the software update and the sounds are still so muffled, so I tried repairing using the companion and nothing. I thought it was only that the volume of the alarm in the morning wasn't set up properly, but no, it was the audio itself that was so faint! Can you please exchange this for a working phone, SONY?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

Hi @Eriswicked ;

Since the phone is new did you removed the screen protector that came with the phone and that is probably covering the speakers output?

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Eriswicked ;

Since the phone is new did you removed the screen protector that came with the phone and that is probably covering the speakers output?

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

This is embarassing, but you're right. I haven't removed it. I did a master reset, updated software like 6 times, and then just panicked with  the word XPERIA right in front of me. Sorry all! So far it's perfect.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

No problem @Eriswicked, it is not the first time it happened.