account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Messenger "chat heads active" notification

Adept
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Messenger "chat heads active" notification

Hello there,

When someone sends me something on messenger I get the notification with what he said. I like that. What I don't like is that below that notification there is an other notification that says "chat heads active". How can I get rid of that without closing the pop up chat? Screenshot_20180818-235018.png

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
ezy
Commissioner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Messenger "chat heads active" notification

may be best to ask facebook's messenger people rather than Sony?

Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

@SpyrosFgs yeah, I am with @ezy on this.

Try to disable chat heads, I never use those.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

But I do. I just don't want the extra notification that never goes away till I close the chat heads. I don't need that white bar there. I know that I have chat heads on because I see them in the right side of the screen that I always put them. I found a way for other application that run in the backround to not appear there as a notification but it doesn't get rid of the messengers one. It's an android thing, not a messenger one. There has to be a way for that noification to disappear.

Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@SpyrosFgs do this. Tap longer on the notification, select all categories, go to importance and select low.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

It doesn't give me that option with the long press in that white notification. It just says more settings. When I press that, is says on (if I put it off i will not get any messages), allow notification dot (the little light), allow sound, on the lock screen show all notification content (I read the messages without unlocking it, not preferable for someone with a girlfriend) and last but not least, interrupts priority only (it's off and nothing to do with that freaking white notification that stays there). Have I misunderstood something?

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@SpyrosFgs can you please post a screenshot?

BTW: haha, man, the part with girlfriend.

Adept
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Sure. Here you go.Screenshot_20180820-150119.png

Screenshot_20180820-150128.png

BTW. Thanks

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@SpyrosFgs I will get back to you in several hours as I will check settings on the xz1c I have. OK?

Edit : so, after checking, while the chat heads are active, you can tap longer on the grey notification that states x chat heads active, then go to all categories and there is chat heads active option. Set it to make no sound or visual interruption. However, this might not work and the notifications might still come trough. What I have managed was for the notifications to not show, even if the chat head was there. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I have the same problem because that's all I read on my SmartWatch instead of the actual message has! However today I found as symbol I never noticed beside the notification. I clicked it and it allowed me to turn off that specific notification without turning us the message. It solved my problem. I'm sorry I don't remember what the icon looks like