account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

MMS Images Blurry

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

MMS Images Blurry

When receiving images through MMS (Android Messenger), images are extremely compressed and blurry to the point where I can not determine what the image is. 

I previously had the Google Pixel which also used Androi Messeneger and did not have this issue. 

I have tried finding and changing numerous settings, but am unable to find a solution. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: MMS Images Blurry

@tensor I've had that issue with Android Messages app on two different phones. your best bet would be installing another SMS app (like Pulse SMS or Textra) as the photos compressed by them don't lose as much quality as when compressed by Android Messages. you can also contact Google using the "send email" button in Android Messages' Play Store listing and report that issue.

Veteran
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

That is why replacing sony's messaging app with Google stock bloat was soo bad move :/
sony's app was much better.  

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It was the Google Messenger app. Replaced it with Textra and have had no issues. 

Really like Textra by the way. 

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Ok, so that Textra worked for you. For me it didn`t. I started a post here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Bad-mms-quality-when-recieving/m-p/1271800#M760

Right now I`ve been contacted by a techsupport in this forum that possibly can help me out. I`ll keep yoy posted!

Regards, Mats

Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The same problem here with xz1, images received by SMSapp are compressed to something like 2,5 kB!

I even tried to send something to myself, did not helped. Using textra did not solve the problem.

I am quite sure it's xz1 related Bug.

Changed from xz 3 days ago. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Ps Just added one of the pictures received as mms, it's compressed to 4,8 kb! Very much unreadable.