account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Little red light on the front is a good way to lose energy

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Little red light on the front is a good way to lose energy

Hi gays 

I just noticed that this little red light just when I activate automatic light screen adaptive

Why should it works all the time  specially ours battery is already not that big and make you feel like your front camera is working the whole time and someone waching you 😰

Who agree with me that this should stop  👍

Maybe this Red light work only when you use your front camera or when it is working without you know (like warning ⚠) 

That will be practically from the company as we have entrusted it

can anyone speak with Sony to stop this light in the next update please

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Little red light on the front is a good way to lose energy

Hey Fadi,

I'm pretty sure the red light you're talking about is the light sensor. The sensor activates when adaptive brightness is turned on in order to adjust your screen's brightness depending on the ambient light. That little red light turns on whenever your light sensor is working and don't quote me on this but I think the red light is necessary for your light sensor to function.

No worries, no one's spying on you if that light is turned on, it doesn't have much to do with the camera actually.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Little red light on the front is a good way to lose energy

Thanks for your answer 

Then this is a new thing from Sony 

Because the little red light on my old phone Sony Z2 was working just to turn the screen off/on when you are calling not for the  Adaptive Brightness

Now in XZ series its the opposite