account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Lines on display Sony Xperia XZ1

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Lines on display Sony Xperia XZ1

Nah, the lines I'm talking about are visible - all you have to do is just clean the screen with something 

Highlighted
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Its visible at 35cm distance too

Looks like a grid all over the screen. Not very visible but it's still there. Never noticed that in any phone before

One time poster
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

currently I'm owner of a Xperia Z3 Dual phone, I had plan to update my phone to the XZ1, but when I have checked this phone in the store, I have noticed about these diagonal lines in the screen, I thinked that maybe the demo phone was damaged, but I have checked the phone in another store, and I saw the same diagonal gray lines in the XZ1 phone, so, it looks like that this is a common issue in all the XZ1 displays. My Z3 has the same display resolution of the XZ1, but the Z3 display does not have that issue. I have decided to not buy the XZ1 due to that issue, I use a lot the VR lens with my Z3, and I think that the diagonal lines will be notice very much with the VR lens.

Learner
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

I have same problem. Changed phone but lines are still there. 

One time poster
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

SONY.

Please help us, my XZ1 has the same problem with diagonal lines on display, is very... very... uncomfortable to read texts with these diagonal lines, I feel that we will damage the eyes of your clients.

Visitor
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

Hi

I just bought this phone 2 days ago and I am having the same problem!

Concidering the price and the line of the phone this is UN ACEPTABLE

Did u fix it? Did Sony said anything about this?  

Visitor
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Yes I can see it in my phone  I just buy it 2 days ago, and is annoying.

I always trusted Sony phones, but this is disappointing, really. 

It's unacceptable