account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Lines on display Sony Xperia XZ1

Apprentice
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Lines on display Sony Xperia XZ1

Yes, aside from having a defective shadow display that can't be returned, my phone also have this diagonal lines, which quite un-acceptable for me.

Learner
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Diagonal lines on screen

Translation via Google Translate:

Someone knows why this model has those diagonal lines of pixels that are observed in white regions and are appreciated in the images is very annoying and the support tell me that it is not in all devices, I have seen that several complain about this really they make it look like a lower quality screen

Alguien sabe poraue este modelo tiene esas líneas diagonales de pixeles que se observan en regiones blancas y se aprecian en las imágenes es muy molesto y los del soporte me dicen que no esta en todos los dispositivos, he visto que varios se quejan de esto en verdad hacen verlo como una pantalla de menor calidad

Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

Re: Diagonal lines on screen

@Charls10

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Can you post a photo showing these lines on your screen?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

I can see those diagonal lines too. They are visible when I look at my phone when i have it close to my eyes (less than 25 cm). A bit annoying when looking at white or light backgrounds ( Instagram for example).

Learner
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

I know it is very annoying, I hope it can be fixed with a next update because it leaves a lot to be desired, I have always bought Sony products and this time I am disappointed, the screen looks like a low quality, those lines ruin the visibility, Sony must leave soon to give us an answer, it took approximately 5 days to buy it and very expensive.

Learner
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

It can't be fixed!

It is the hardware itself not the software.

One time poster
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Hello friends, my xz1 had the same problem I went to my phone company because I had about 8 days that I had bought it and if I made the change for a new device xz1 and this screen much better the lines are there but you have to look for them very well not to the naked eye without a doubt the device was defective. If you have a guarantee, make it valid. Good luck

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

I am faced the same issue with my xz1 also  but sony service centre replaced my handset.. So visit service centre and ask for replacement 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Hope the new device does not have the issue

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Wouldn't speak here of a issue thou... First screens had yellowish tint spots and long pressing made stains onder finger touch, now there are pixel lines but the screen keeps 100% white with no stains so I guess it's an upgrade rather than downgrade..
If You must watch your phone from 10 cm, You should inspect your eyes, for normal use of 30 - 45 cm the lines are not visible even in 100% bright.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>