account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

LCD Screen Problem? Horizontal black dim

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

LCD Screen Problem? Horizontal black dim

Hello,

I just got the Xperia Xz1 at January 2 2018 and I'm very happy with it. But i do have one concern. I can see a sort of horizontal lines across it. It almost looks like something burned into the screen. This must be something wrong with the phone.. when i press the dim area, black spot is gone for a second and it recover the black spot again. Could someone help me solve solve this problem? Thanks guys.
ps: sorry my bad grammar (english)

screenxz1.jpegHere is the issueWhatsApp Image 2018-01-04 at 10.41.31 AM.jpegHere is when i take screenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: LCD Screen Problem? Horizontal black dim

I have tried everything, but it does not solved. So I refund it for the new device.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @Naidlaalfa,

With the sreenshot, it´s not visible, but it is with the photo you took.

My recomendation, for know, is you to run a Diagnose:

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Can you tell me if in that test, you identify the problem?

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

The dark spot still exist.. and here is another picture 1515003337330.jpg

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Did you solve it? I have the same issue on my screen 

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I have tried everything, but it does not solved. So I refund it for the new device.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Black tint can't be solved by software as it's an hardware disfunction/characteristic of an IPS screen, while screenshoot only remembers information sent to pixels as programs, wallpaper, time and date of screenshot taken.
That is weird but as seen on most TV's after a while looks like typical IPS burnout (light-up your home TV and look for white video test full screen on YouTube, the corners of TV will be dimmed or even yellowish, that's where LCD panel ends or LED lightning is visible).
On centre of the screen it might but shouldn't happen, the device should be examinated by Xperia Service to confirm backlit disfunction.

That might be delamination of the screen. The screen is made with several layers, as all layered things it might caught air bubble between layers, that's why on pressure taken, bubbles are pulled off and screen is back to full white, when the pressure is gone, the air comes back and makes a dimmed bubble beneath touch panel layer.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

It is a speculation ; Low and middle income countries recieves sony xz1 with a different panel made by a different company to mediate the price drop. 

I just want to ask,the phone with LCD Screen problem has a the warranty with another store or just sony and did sony ask you to pay? 

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Same issue with my Xperia xz1 

☹️😓

Sony team address this issue and kindly guide us how we overcome this problem??????????