account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is it possible to activate a notification when the battery is fully charged?

Learner
Message 11 of 26
Message 11 of 26

Re: Play battery sound when full

Thanks do you ever think they will add it in a new software update 

Pioneer
Message 12 of 26
Message 12 of 26

@MZXZ, sorry but I don't know if that option will ever be available but I suppose no. 

Learner
Message 13 of 26
Message 13 of 26

when did they stop it

ezy
Commissioner
Message 14 of 26
Message 14 of 26

I don't think it has ever been in the XZ1,  while it was with the Z5 and before...

mainly because the battery charging has changed.  this xz1 is meant to have a "smart" learning that charges to 90% and only beyond that if it thinks you need it or if it has learnt your pattern.

the "to 90%" is from current thinking lithium ion batteries are best kept between 40%-90%  and not consistantly drained to empty and recharged to 100% for a longer life.    so, the "hype" goes the phone if left on charge every night (as many people do with smart phones)  will learn when you get up and unplug it... thus charging to 90%, stopping and then doing the last bit before you normally turn it off... 

or something like that. 

https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-xz1/battery/#gref

"Leaving a fully-charged battery plugged in can damage it. Battery Care charges your phone to 90%, waits, then charges to 100% just before your wake-up time."

So I guess the 100% full alarm was removed to encourge people to trust the smart charging rather than continue charging it to 100% each time and manually removed it on a beep.   They definately had faith that the phone would last until the "next likely charge" in their boasts after all.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 26
Message 15 of 26

Hi @MZXZ, welcome to our forum and thank you so much for your question! Slightly smiling Face

This feature was removed with the release of Xperia XZs and Xperia XZ Premium (and devices released after this, such as the Xperia XZ1-series and Xperia XZ2-series).

I'm afraid that I don't know exactly why this feature is not available in newer devices, but I will make sure to forward your thoughts on this internally as user feedback.

You can also take a look at the very detailed post by @ezy which explains the Battery Care feature in our devices, thanks for the post @ezy! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that helps and have a nice weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 16 of 26
Message 16 of 26

Re: Is it possible to activate a notification when the battery is fully charged?

Jonas .... why the all good stuff is taking out from soft? no notification, no double tap ... etc .. ???

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 26
Message 17 of 26

Re: Is it possible to activate a notification when the battery is fully charged?

For battery charging notification, check out AMPERE in Google Play. Lots of options, light on resources. One of the best of its kind. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 26
Message 18 of 26

Hello everyone!

@Hoinarul, I'm afraid that I don't have any information why certain features are not available on newer devices, but as always, feedback is very important for us and I'll make sure that I forward yours!

If you haven't tried the application that @Z3acp recommended, please do so and see if you like it. Slightly smiling Face

@Z3acp, thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to check it out this weekend and see if there anything I can use it for! Slightly smiling Face

Have a nice weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 19 of 26
Message 19 of 26

@Jonas ... thank you for the answer. The small things are important Winking Face

Visitor
Message 20 of 26
Message 20 of 26

@GEME1 wrote:

Ciao a tutti! Sono in possesso del fantastico Xperia XZ1. Volevo chiedere una semplice curiosità.È possibile attivare una notifica quando la batteria è carica?! Prima sul mio vecchio z1 compact, quando la batteria era al 100% suonava, e la cosa per me era molto comoda.

Grazie! 

Hello everyone! I am in possession of the fantastic Xperia XZ1. I wanted to ask a simple curiosity. FetLife IMVU Canva Is it possible to activate a notification when the battery is charged? First on my old z1 compact, when the battery was 100% sounded, and the thing was very comfortable for me.

Thank you!

-GT

On the off chance that you haven't viewed the Google Play store an outsider application that can do this for you, I would suggest doing as such.