account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Internet Connection Problem

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Internet Connection Problem

Hey,

I am experiencing some strange connection issues with my WiFi and also my mobile connection. Several times a day, my XZ1 stops downloading, whatever I am loading at that moment and a few seconds later the connection to my WiFi is cut. However, 2 seconds later it is back up. Today I experienced a similar thing with my mobile internet connection. Is anyone else having this problem?

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Adviser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Internet Connection Problem

I think i too m experiencing the same problems when on wifi... Plz elaborate anybody... I cannot accept a flagship phone that is not doing even the basics, as it suld 

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Which brand is your router?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Did you add any new Apps to your XZ1 after switching to it from your last phone? I added Amazon Prime Video. I deleted it 2 days ago. Since then, I did not notice any disconnection from my WiFi.

Visitor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

common problem ... more reports of the same issue 

Adept
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

We all have those connection problems with xz1. Some people just don't care or can't recognize it. Hope it is fixable and software related. Also Samsung j5 has better signal strength than xz1.

Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I got the same problem (xz1 compact)  and it's really quite annoying. Especially for example when using yatse for kodi and the control loosing connection... 

Any progress on a fix or maybe an app or setting causing it? 

Pioneer
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Which type is your router? (are your routers)

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Speedport W 724V

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Same problem here. Frequent disconnection and poor reception. I guess there is a problem with the phone's Wi-Fi module.