account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

In-band ringtone on bluetooth headphones

Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

In-band ringtone on bluetooth headphones

Hi everyone

coming from a Xperia Z5 Premium with Android 8 I now own a Xperia XZ1 as I was quiet happy with the actual size and position of the fingerprint sensor. Besides some smaller issues (navigation bar :-/) about Android 9 I have a major issue compared to functionality with Android 8.

When having bluetooth headphones connected and listening to music, incoming call and message ringtones are output via the phone. In-band ringtone is supposed to be enabled by default for Android 9 - at least this is what online info tells me. Buuuuuut well, not for me.

Build: 47.2.A.8.24

Headphones: TaoTronics TT-BH22

Anyone got a hint for me please?

1 REPLY 1
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: In-band ringtone on bluetooth headphones

Note to myself...

Current behavior when bluetooth headphones connexted:

1. --> notification sounds enabled

--> incoming call --> ringtone on headphone AND phone device (what would the sense of this be?)

2. --> notification sounds disabled

--> incoming call --> ringtone on headphone ONLY

So 2. should be the one to go for if in public :-D

Still have to find out about behavior or message ring tone. Not sure here. Will hopefully be able to test tomorrow.