account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

I keep getting andriod update notifications

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

I keep getting andriod update notifications

I updated my android now i keep getting update notifications If I click on it download and install a few minutes later it comes back again its there constantly and I can't get rid of it ? Any ideas of what I can do would be most appreciated 😊 Sony xz1 on o2 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: I keep getting andriod update notifications

Hi @Xz1updateissues, welcome to our forum!

If you haven't updated your device in a while and there are more updates available, you will get a new notification each time you apply and update and then you restart the device. This is because only one update can be installed at the time.

The best way to check if you are installing a new update is to go to Settings > System > About phone and at the bottom of this menu you will find "Build number". Write this number down > apply the new update and restart your device and go back and check. If the number has been changed, you have installed a newer update.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.