account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How does the Xperia XZ1's camera compare to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

How does the Xperia XZ1's camera compare to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X?

How do the cameras compare? I know the XZ1 has a 19MP camera, Motion eye etc but does anyone know how they match up?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: How does the Xperia XZ1's camera compare to the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus?

again, it's too soon to be tell as no one has been able to test iPhone 8 yet.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Re: How does the Xperia XZ1's camera compare to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X?

Iphone 8 has no problem with distortion photos, XZ1 and XZP have this problem.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: How does the Xperia XZ1's camera compare to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X?

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-smartphone-cameras-compared-iPhone-8-Plus-vs-Galaxy-Note-8-LG-G...

with such horrible  algorithms, it will never be a competitive camera that you want to purchase

Sage
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

We already knew that at time of purchase. Sony too already knew which, let me use this word for one time only, really lame.

I hope that they will come up with a better software without need to purchase the new 2018 phone. If this will not be the case, new phone will be Samsung S9/10.

XZ1 cost half an iPhone though. But it's also true that XZ1 cost 2/3 of a low ranking employee's salary, so we should expect better.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I own XZ1 and will buy iPhone 8 plus for my company next month and so I will make some comparison for you.

BTW there is a review for that already and of course XZ1's only good at accurate color. 

The detail when zoom and at low light are still horrible on XZ1. 

No OIS and small unit cell size so...

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I don't know compared to the IPhone 8 but xperia xz1 is better than IPhone 7. Both good light and low light. I don't know how sony does it but it manages really high iso values better than any phone,  iso of 1600 in most phones looks horrible but in sony looks cool. This helps pictures not look motion blurred... 

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

here's a site that might provide some details: https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Pioneer
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: How does the Xperia XZ1's camera compare to the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus?

GSMArena have reviewed the Apple iPhone 8 - here's a direct link to the "camera" section of their Apple iPhone 8 review, and also a direct link to the "camera" section of their Sony Xperia XZ1 review.

I haven't read the reviews of these two particular models myself, but GSMArena have been around for a long, LONG time and have a pretty extensive review system, with various procedures to ensure that reivews are consistent.

Just bear in mind though that whatever the results of the iPhone 8 camera results, it's important to remember that with Apple, you're buying into a proprietary ecosystem which is (mostly) incompatible with non-Apple products... If you ever decided to leave for one reason or another, it's going to be a lot harder than if you were using an "Xperia" smartphone.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!