account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Horizontal lines on Display/ Screen

4ce
Learner
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Horizontal lines on Display/ Screen

I have the same exact issue with my xz1 blue. Just had the phone for 3 weeks and was very awesome unt this lines came up..

I'm really not bothered with it when playing games because it only appears to light color backgrounds. I was already on the process returning it but the lines never came back again just today. If it really doesn't come back I'm not sure what fixed it. But on the other side it's ok for me since I don't have to suffer without a phone for 1 month 

Learner
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Hi. I'm getting a Xperia XZ1 for a little cheaper price in my country but has the same horizontal black dim. Do you think I should buy the phone anyway? Do you think if I buy this phone then in future the screen may become dysfunctional or develop more spots? Or it will remain the same and won't increase in size and color. Please guide me. Thank you. 

1515003337330.jpg

Highlighted
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

The lines dont increase, It fades away. Display will be the same 

Learner
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Can you please tell me what is causing this horizontal black dim in the center of the screen? Are these dead pixels? Is it backlit problem? or is it problem of air bubble? Please guide me.