account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Horizontal lines on Display/ Screen

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Horizontal lines on Display/ Screen

Hi did anyone experience any horizontal lines on the Xz1 display? It appeared and then faded away.... 

Not sure what made it appear?

It recently came back from repair.... Not sure if they did something wrong🤔

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Horizontal lines

@Jrnr

You have previously posted on the Xperia X 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X/Screen-Burn-in-Issue/m-p/1292847#M5279

Are you experincing this issue with an Xperia X or XZ1?

Either or, this seems to be a hardware issue, contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

actually X had the issue so it was sent for repair, they replaced the screen and it looked good. Sold it and bought a XZ1 this had the speaker issue like the speaker will not work, so this went to repair and came back on Friday. And today I noticed some lines

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I found out why it appears....

Make sure the phone is locked and on sleep..... Now swipe from the top to the bottom all over the screen.

Unlock the phone and check......

Emperor
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

@Jrnr

take it back so they can look at it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Ok will do, was thinking if that was a common issue... 

Learner
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I have them too. Xperia xz1 pink. When I'm cleaning my phone they appear. I don't want to give it to the store because they will take it from me for examination for a week 😅

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

I sent my phone with lines and they took 1month for it to be fixed. It was on hold with a team leader for 3 weeks. And finally sent a message yesterday saying that the phone has been fixed. 

Expecting it to arrive on Monday, will keep you updated 

Learner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Re: Horizontal lines on Display/ Screen

My XZ1 has the same issue. After stroking the screen several times, horizontal lines and dark stains appear on the screen and disappear completely after around two minutes (the more you rub, the longer they disappear). All pictures have been made when phone was displaying gray color.

The phone was in repair two times.

20180620_133343.jpgBefore first repair

20180627_190000.jpgAfter first repair

First "repair" was fairly fast - 5 business days.

20180720_200033.jpgAfter second repair

The second "repair" took a little bit longer - 11 business days - because they were waiting for replacement parts.

In documentation, service included the following information:
Due to the characteristics of the display, some models may have strip patterns due to electrostatic action. This is not a functional defect and the strips disappear with the disappearance of electrostatic charges.

Summarizing, I was without a phone for a month and nothing changed. I'm not satisfied at all. Luckily these patterns don't show often. In my use only after cleaning the screen or swiping very fast.

Highlighted
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Re: Horizontal lines on Display/ Screen

I had 2 XZ1 phones, a blue and a black. 

Blue had the same issue but I have now sold it. 

Still have the black but never had the issue with it. But instead this has a highly visible pixel grid.