account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Hello ! After updating the phone to Android version 9, the light sensor stopped working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 41 of 51
Message 41 of 51

Re: Hello ! After updating the phone to Android version 9, the light sensor stopped working

So it has been 3 months known bug but still no fix. What the **bleep** Sony? I didn't pay almost $1K for this kind of approach...

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 42 of 51
Message 42 of 51

Re: Hello ! After updating the phone to Android version 9, the light sensor stopped working

Hi, After update to Android 9 my Xperia XZ1 I get crash on Smart backlight control, it very annoing. Clear data doesnt help for longer period, especially when I use xperia with google maps on drive mode. Xperia is charging in the same time, its important to see this bug. Its also very dengerous for drivers, so please fix it asap!

My android ver is 47.2.A.4.45

BTW this topic is not solved !!!

Pioneer
Message 43 of 51
Message 43 of 51

@kolegaz ;

As announced this issue is solved in future released update (I think 47.2.A.6.30 solves it), but until that you can always turn off the Smart Backlight Control in Settings>Display>Advanced>Smart Backlight Control.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 51
Message 44 of 51

Re: Xperia xz1 was fine till its update

Hello again everyone!

@Gedk, please take a look at my original post that I made in this thread. In the meantime, try what @NunoSEN2  suggested in his post.

@Nelsoniac, I understand the frustration and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

@Enklave, This will be resolved, sorry that it's taking some time.

@kolegaz, take a look at the reply from @NunoSEN2! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 51
Message 45 of 51

Sony UK Customized  Pie became available this morning.   It has version "47.2A.4.45"   and my phone keeps getting an app crash error to do with the background light.  

???   Why has Sony pushed out a version so late that has already been replaced in other customizations when it is known not to work ???

Rookie
Message 46 of 51
Message 46 of 51

Like ezy3 said, I got the UK update today, but why is it the older buggy version?

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 51
Message 47 of 51

24 hours after that update, 6.30 is now out for UK customized. 

I won't ask the logic !

Sony Xperia Support
Message 48 of 51
Message 48 of 51

Hello everyone!

@ezy3, I can see that you have received a new update now and it seems to be fixed now, is that correct? Slightly smiling Face

Regarding software updates, they are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. I understand it may look strange when you receive a new update the day after, but I'm afraid that I don't have any information as to why this is the case.

@KiteRyu, I can see that @ezy3 said he received a newer update the day after, is it the same in your case?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 51
Message 49 of 51

There hasn't been a sensor error message...   i havent tried turning it off from the automatic setting though (which is what caused the errors).   the auto mode is "aggressive" (going from 40% to 100% to 0% where it never moved much under Oreo) but if the battery life is ok I wont be turning it down (40% seems a bit high for normal lighting)

One time poster
Message 50 of 51
Message 50 of 51

Hi, what should we do in the meantime? I just updated my phone to Android 9 and noticed this problem. When will the new update be sent? It has been a month since you responded with this reply.