account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

HERE ARE A FEW GREAT SUGGESTIONS FOR SONY. PLEASE READ.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

HERE ARE A FEW GREAT SUGGESTIONS FOR SONY. PLEASE READ.

Start listening to your customers and the bad reviews. Here are a few thing to do in the next update for the phone
1. FIX THE LOW-LIGHT CAMERA,ofc you can. The phone has the IMX400 sensor - THE SAME AS THE XZ2 AND XZ3,but still low light looks like trash
2.AUTO SUPER SLOW-MO. It's so hard to time it right, you currently have to press the button exactly after the moment happends .2 secs are just not cutting it
3. FIX BOKEH - the processing is so bad,edge detection is basically non-existant. You have a distance sensor on the back of the phone - USE IT FFS. You don't need a second cam if you already have something that knows how far away an object is.
4.GIVE US THE OPTIONS THAT ANDROID PIE ALREADY HAS - I MIGHT NOT GIVE A F*CK ABOUT NIGHT MODE,BUT SOME PEOPLE DO. LET US CHOOSE IF WE WANT GESTURE NAVIGATION OR BUTTON NAVIGATION. IT'S ALL ALREADY IN THERE JUST USE IT.
This is all I can think of right now. If you have any more suggestions please post them down below.
Also please,a msg to everyone who sees that - upvote it,chances are,this message might never hit someone with influence in sony's software deparment. Our chances are low,but we must fight for what we deserve. After all - the phone isn't free nor is it cheap and like that,Sony are killing their fanbase.

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: HERE ARE A FEW GREAT SUGGESTIONS FOR SONY. PLEASE READ.

Being new to the phone, I don't have experience of all your points but they sound very reasonable (3 is of no interest to me but I appreciate some people like it). Point 4 is very important. Why go the trouble of getting Pie on these devices and not implement one of the biggest features (gestures).

5. Give us the option PLEASE to remove the NFC icon from the status bar. Just like Bluetooth, I leave it permanently on, I don't need a massive ugly icon to show me it's on.

6. Give us the option to remove the dumb up/down data arrows that appear in the status bar and jog all the icons to the left, utterly unnecessary for most people and visually messy and distracting.

Coming to Android (very reluctantly) from Windows Mobile (which is super minimalist), the utter travesty of a visual mess that is the Android status/notification bar really gets to me.

7. Be bold, stand by your designs, XZ2 and 3 are just generic designs that look like any other Android handset. The old XZ1 and Premium designs were unique. By all means increase the size of the screens and modernise the phones but stand out. It's not that the new designs are bad but they look like every other phone out there, to my eyes they could be just another Samsung or Huawei.

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I do agree,

XZ1 has a much bigger potential than it seems to.

The manual camera settings are a joke, Raw support would be nice, more framerate options, resolutions and more camera controls and features are needed. How about Google cam support for HDR+. 

A bigger flash would be great, and a bigger battery. We don't need super slim devices.

Atleast the latest phones got good speakers but it took sony 6 years to implement. All z-xz flagships paled in comparison of the competition in speaker quality. 

Also using glass backs on phones with no wireless charging, then why have glasback and not metal instead. 

The build quality is also something they have cheaped out on. Aux problems, glue problems, speakers, Bluetooth problems and so on. 

It is a shame. 

Make an XZ 1 remake with aluminum/stainless steel frame all around with out the plastic top and bottom. And go back to a more boxy style so that u can reinforce the fingerprintreader area. 

Revive the magnetic charging port and place it opposite to the fingerprintreader. 

Use better speakers and use metal grills instead of plastic net with big holes in the glas.

Squeeze in a bigger screen and an samsung made amoled if possible. 1080p is just great. (battery friendly) 

Invest in better paint jobs like Nokia does on N7 plus. 

Pick your most bad sensor and optimize out of it. Use all your camera tricks from you Camera devision. 48mp Resolution, optical stabilizer, electronic stabilizer, pixel bining, and so on. Don't need 2 cameras but if possible chose a wideangle. 

ADD more Ram and a bigger battery. 

Also give users more flexibility in costumization of the software, add dark mode, coulers and more homesceen options. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I'm very unheppy with the latest update 47.1.A.12.34 - the only reson is huge ugly icons for toggles in notification shade. Blue? Really?) why have you decided to change them in the first place?