account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Gyro sensor?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Gyro sensor?

Hey, I'm enjoying a lot my new Xperia XZ1 but it seems to be a problem with the media sense. It's supposed be compatible with the RA effect but the gyroscope if it has it, doesn't work, I tried it with pokemon Go and even with a compass app but it keeps running wrong or doesn't work at all. Is there anyone who can help me with this? 

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Gyro sensor?

Hello there, 

I can't help with this, all I can say is I have the same issue. No tilt sensor/ compass function.  Diagnostics show gyro and accelerometer and that they work, but absolutely no compass/magnetomer sensor - which used to work before.   As a result any tilt detection seems to not work, any compass function is not working.  I'm not sure if this is hardware or software related.  Sony tech support indicated I should bring in to them for further diagnosis or repair, as it is failing the diagnostic.  Don't have any further feedback yet as I will have to hear what the service centre says.