account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Google assistent voice match greyed out

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Google assistent voice match greyed out

Hi @frederikpj1, welcome to our forum!

Is it just greyed out, or is there some additional information available in the same field? I'm situated in the Nordics and for me it says that it's not available due it not being available for this specific language at the moment (one of the reasons why I have my system language set to English as this enables me to use the voice match feature).

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

It is due to language but since it already worked it seems like there is some other problem

Worth noting is that it's my brother's phone and he's only 11 so he doesn't understand English

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi again @frederikpj1!

When you mention that is already works, do you mean that it works when your brother starts the assistant manually, for example holding down on the home button (middle one) at the bottom of the display? That will work just fine even when it's greyed out and the voice match is only there to be able to say "OK Google" from any screen and launch the assistant that way.

Yeah if he doesn't understand English the workaround that I'm using won't be to much help, I'm afraid and we'll just have to wait for Google to launch voice match for the Scandinavian languages.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I Guess so

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@frederikpj1, I'm eagerly waiting as well, so hopefully it will be available soon! Slightly smiling Face