account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Galileo satellites

Sage
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Galileo satellites

This phone support Galileo network.
Why is not used? Galileo is the future.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Galileo satellites

@Bhonder does support Galileo, except for in the US.

Sage
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@najodleglejszy

That's odd because I can't see them with GPS test plus which in turn shows them in my wife S8+. We live in EU and phone was pre-ordered via Amazon Italia

Is there a service test to verify it? Usual 

*#*#7378423#*#* service number does not show that information. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Bhonder, as @najodleglejszy mentioned, Galileo satellite navigation is supported in Xperia XZ1. However, I am sorry to say that according to the information which I have available, Galileo is not supported in the US. Slightly frowning Face

To my knowledge, there is no setting pre-installed in the device which allows you to check specific active satellite connections. As you mentioned, there may be third party apps which allows you to verify if Galileo is active, but please note that I can not guarantee that they will be accurate or fully compatible.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sage
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the answer. I will contact GPS test plus programmer and see if he can sort it out.

My wife's S8+ is not showing any trouble so I can't say if it's an Oreo or a Sony's thing.

By the way, the app is this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstestplus

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

That's a great idea, let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face @Bhonder

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.