account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

(G8431-poplar) Downgrade software, camera lockup / green images

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

(G8431-poplar) Downgrade software, camera lockup / green images

Hi Support,

So I did a software update, thinking I would get Android Orio 8.1, instead I got Android PIE

and now many of the software I use are useless with this OS.

So I reverted by flashing last Orio firmware G8341_8.0.0_47.1.A.16.20 which went fine, HOWEVER
camera just locks up and no images are taken (catlog shows alot of errors and permissions denied).

Testing further I noticed a 3rd party camera app showed green images.

I have not unlocked the bootloader, just flashed original firmware from sony!

I can upgrade to PIE but this state is useless, but camera works.

Any idea how to downgrade the firmware to latest orio with a working camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: (G8431-poplar) Downgrade software, camera lockup / green images

Really, nobody at support can explain why the camera does not work after a downgrade?

This is not a Google issue, but you Sony, it's your hardware..

Nevermind Sony support!

EDIT: To anyone who needs to revert to Orio for application compability and have working camera.

Do not unlock bootloader!

Use newflasher (search xda) and download any firmware BEFORE 47.1.A.12.235 and flash that.

Then do FOTA update normal as update TO 47.1.A.12.235 will fix what ever perrmission issues there was on that silly lockin TA partition which no longer exist with PIE firmware.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Really, nobody at support can explain why the camera does not work after a downgrade?

This is not a Google issue, but you Sony, it's your hardware..

Nevermind Sony support!

EDIT: To anyone who needs to revert to Orio for application compability and have working camera.

Do not unlock bootloader!

Use newflasher (search xda) and download any firmware BEFORE 47.1.A.12.235 and flash that.

Then do FOTA update normal as update TO 47.1.A.12.235 will fix what ever perrmission issues there was on that silly lockin TA partition which no longer exist with PIE firmware.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

So sorry to hear that you unlocked and have trouble

I once did the same and ran into the same problems you did.

A good Google search would have earned you beforehand.

Once more RTFM!

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't