account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Frozen screen

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Frozen screen

My Xperia XZ1 keeps freezing. It is completely unresponsive and I can't turn it off. It happened once before earlier this week. The only way to get it to work again then was to wait until it ran out of battery and then it was fine again for a few days. The phone is only one year old, so it is definitely not ready to be replaced.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Frozen screen

@Øya 

it'll be worth the try to repair it with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Øya, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried pressing the volume up and power button for 6-10 seconds? This will force a restart of the device.

If that works, is their any pattern as to when this occurs, for example, is it when you use a specific application or service? I understand that it may be hard to remember as it doesn't happen all the time.

Let us know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I will try the volume and power button combination if it happens again.

I believe it may have something to do with having several apps open at the same time.

The mot recent time I had streamed Netflix to a tv screen trough crome cast for several hours as well as had webtoon, tapas and spotify running in the background.

Thank you for the help anyway. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi again @Øya!

That sounds like a good plan and it's a bit tricky to find the root cause when it doesn't occur all the time. Hopefully it was just a one time thing and everything will work fine from here on out!

Have a great Tuesday and please let me know if it occurs again! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, your response was very usefull to me.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @alechuza72, welcome to our forum and I'm really glad to hear that! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and have a great weekend!