account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Freeze when ending a call

Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Freeze when ending a call

Hi, recently my Xperia XA1 Ultra phone has been freezing when I try to end a call. I can successfully press the end call button but upon doing so, the screen freezes and doesn't actually end the call. The screen is not black or anything.

If I try to make another call, it doesn't let me and instead prompts me to return to that call in progress that doesn't actually finish. I have to restart the phone to fix this. And until I do restart the phone, I am unable to receive any calls or text messages.

I checked and my phone tells me I am fully up to date.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Freeze when ending a call

This is a common problem on any Xperia, sadly its found only on Xperia devices but Sony doesn't want to admit it or try to fix it. 

The problem is 

Basically if you are on a call and receive a missed call from another person at the same time.... That's it..you can't make a call to that person . Phone will freeze. 

Yes the only way to get it work is to restart the phone itself. 

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I think this issue actually goes deeper than that, as it happens basically every time I finish a call (including to voicemail). The odds of receiving a missed call on every one of those seems very low! 

Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@EdenIndustries

Can you restart your phone into the safe mode and check if you have the same problem?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Safe mode actually does seem to work! In that case, is the solution to just start deleting apps until the problem goes away?

Highlighted
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Well it just freezes in safe mode too

Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@EdenIndustries

Either that or start fresh by performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Install your apps in small batches and observe if the problem appears.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Thanks! I'll do as you suggested and either report back with results or accept your suggestion as the solution if indeed it solves it. Thanks again!

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

The problem is Sony will never fix it. Their repair engineers are too poor to identify the issue. May be too much trainees 

Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Jr8 wrote:

This is a common problem on any Xperia, sadly its found only on Xperia devices but Sony doesn't want to admit it or try to fix it. 

The problem is 

Basically if you are on a call and receive a missed call from another person at the same time.... That's it..you can't make a call to that person . Phone will freeze. 

Yes the only way to get it work is to restart the phone itself. 

@Jr8

I dunno but I never witnessed this issue on ANY of the Xperias I owned, which are plenty.