account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Fingerprint unlock

Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint unlock

Is there any way to unlock the screen with double tap to wake or even better would be the fingerprint but so i don't have to press the PowerButton just to lay my finger on it? 

On my xiaomi mi mix when you put the finger on the fingerprint sensor it immediately lights up the screen,  there is no need to press the power button. 

It's really annoying to first press the PowerButton and then to use the finger... 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fingerprint unlock

Hi @XperiaXZ1n,

You will need to wake the screen first, but there is no double tap to wake functionality.

What I do is register my thumbs fingerprint. When I want to unlock my phone I just tap the power button and leave my thumb there. It wakes, registers my fingerprint and unlocks.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

You can buy a Sony Style cover.

It wakens the screen when you open it.

The same can be achieved with any cover by putting a little magnet in it. (on the rignt spot)

Magic opening!

DSC_9110.JPG

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Yeah I know about the cover but it's just not my style, i rather like to use a simple case and a protective glass. 

Yeah I know how to use the fingerprint, it just bothers me that I have to press the PowerButton. Most of the time it enters the camera if used like that, so i had to disable double press power button to enter camera. 

Right now i don't use fingerprint at all, it's completely useless and annoying as it is now, for me. 

Thanks anyway. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

is it possible to wake screen on sony xz1(G8342) by tapping on fingerprint scanner,or by pressing it. please specify TAPPING or PRESSING.

are there any custom roms for the xz1 that enables tap to wake and sleep

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Has to check XDA xz1 forums to see any Available custom ROMs having these functionality double tap to wake..

Anyway my solution is just use ok Google command.. that wakes up screen and then use fingerprint to unlock so no need to press power button... And I also set phone unlock for known locations in the settings which I set multiple locations of the same area which makes phone stay unlock even when location jumps. Thus a ok Google command is enough to wake up phone . 

Just we don't wish to say ok Google when in public place ..