account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint sensor acting weirdly after update

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Fingerprint sensor acting weirdly after update

Have Xperia XZ1 Dual SIM with personal and work profiles. In both profiles, I set up fingerprint unlocking. While running Android 8.0, all worked well until September update which disabled fingerprint unlock in personal profile. In work profile, fingerprint continued to work normally - so definitely a SW issue. I tried to register fingerprints in my personal profile several times without success - always getting an error message about timeout while registering a finger. In January, I upgraded to Android 9.0 and did a clean install using Sony Companion. Set up phone from scratch including fingerprint unlocking in both work and personal profiles. All worked flawlessly until today. Installed February security update which disabled fingerprint (deleted registered fingers) in personal profile. When seting it up again and trying to register fingers, I again get a message about timeout no matter how fast I try to toregister the fingerprint. In work profile all works normally as before. This is definitely a SW issue. Please, advise and correct the problem. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fingerprint sensor acting weirdly after update

No one experienced similar problems with fingerprint reader?

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I also had the same problem with the update. I detailed it is this subject

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Physical-buttons-stop-working-in-XZ1/m-p/1364936#M6118

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Nope, your problem is HW related, mine is SW purely. I have all the fingerprint options available just cannot configure it due to time limit error message. The fingerprint sensor works in work profile like a charm, only personal profile is affected. All other buttons work in both profiles.