account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Facing any issues in XZ1

SOLVED
Regular
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Facing any issues in XZ1

Freezing, crashing, bad perfemance. ☹️

Pretty upset as I thought I finally fixed it but.. NopeScreenshot_20171214-083948.png

Apprentice
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

touch too sensitive, many unwanted clicks.

Have to try without cover as stated on support page.

Visitor
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

Constant app crashing, handset hanging and rebooting.  Bluetooth connection to car is sporadic and can result in the phone rebooting.  Dropped calls and crashing during calling and mysterious battery draining.  One moment I'm at 82%...then 49% about an hour later.......the list goes on.   Come on Sony, I know you wanted to be the first phone with Oreo, but honestly, did you put it through QA?

Apart from that, the hardware is good and the best X series I've owned.  Just wish they would push out an update to fix this issues.   

Visitor
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Hello

I got this phone one month ago now and it crashed evereday.

Using bluethoth to connect auto radio sony or sony headphones,each time the phone crashed and restart

During phone call crash again -  no more sound

Android interface crashed often

I used to buy some sony smartphone since the first Xperia but thios one is the worst i've ever had

I hope sony will provide some updates soon

Talent
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

You should all disable ok google detection, it will probably fix all your crash problems Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

Thanks Andrej123

I tried your solution to disable "ok google " detection and so far it's ok , no more crash with the bluetooth even the android system looks more stable.

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

I had an issue with Gboard resetting every restart, but it seems that was caused by OTA update shenanigans. I reflashed the phone with the latest firmware using xperia companion and it stopped. That was my biggest gripe since getting the phone a week ago. The only complaint left right now is that Smart Lock breaking on reset if you don't disable trusted agent first.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Except for the psychopathic screen light dimming, really no problem. 

Adviser
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Yes lots of lag and lots or app errors 

Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Thought I best give Sony some deserved slack since my last post as my phone seems to be working properly now! I don't know what exactly got updated but it doesn't crash anymore and the call quality is perfect.  Android 8 didn't get an update yet so it must have been another piece of software which was causing all the trouble.  The only issue now is the automatic dimming of the screen which is still jumpy. Apart from that the phone is excellent!