account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Facing any issues in XZ1

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Facing any issues in XZ1

Are XZ1 owners facing any software or Headwear issues on your XZ1???? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Re: Facing any issues in XZ1

Thought I best give Sony some deserved slack since my last post as my phone seems to be working properly now! I don't know what exactly got updated but it doesn't crash anymore and the call quality is perfect.  Android 8 didn't get an update yet so it must have been another piece of software which was causing all the trouble.  The only issue now is the automatic dimming of the screen which is still jumpy. Apart from that the phone is excellent! 

24 REPLIES 24
Talent
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Nothing except the camera lens distortion for hardware.

there are a few little bug/bad implemented issues too but nothing big...

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

After using it for one week I found only one big issues for me. The camera distortion issues.

Another minor issues doesn't annoy me.

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Regular
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

I've had UI issues, my phone in the last few days has had a crashing UI "UI not responding" i'm assuming this is a small issue to my phone as i haven't seen anyone else posting about it.

Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Facing any issues in XZ1

Unfortunately there are no end of issues with Android 8 on the xz1. The phone freezes and reboots regularly when calls are made,  messages are sent, what's app is used... and the WiFi also seems to crash the device sometimes. (no doubt a memory allocation issue) I've xperiad Bluetooth problems, screen flickering when dimming, and bad sound quality when calling. The phone hardware itself is really nice and well designed but the headphones that come with it are junk and don't sit properly in your ear. Come on Sony, sound was always your thing!

I'm going to wait until the first update rolls out. If the problems persist it's going back to Sony and I'm going back to Samsung. 

Commissioner
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

really! pls share which variant are you using and on which language. Thanks.

Visitor
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Exactly the same issues here, I had the z2 for 3 years without any issues this phone is awful. It's unusable as a phone, sound is dreadful and the camera is really bad and embarrassing 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

The only major issues I get are unreliable bluetooth connection, and the smart lock bug. Other than that the phone is perfectly usable to me. Not sure if this is relevant, but I usually do a factory reset after going through the initial set up to ensure everything is set up properly.

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Quick-questions-quick-replies-ask-anything-about-the-Xperi...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Regular
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

1. Noise reduction is too much on camera (Detail loss,on photos)

2. Oreo battery drain isn't stable.

3. Applications sometimes shuts down randomly

Bonus: Customer Services DOESN'T CARE THIS FORUM!..