account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Experia XZ1 does not always ring

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Experia XZ1 does not always ring

My phone is great when it works but it has two bugs that really p****s me off. Quite so often it will not  ring when receiving incomming calls. The screen will light up, showing there are an incomming call, but the phone will not ring. Often when this happens, there will be a loud biping sound when I have my next incomming/outgoing call. The only remedy is to reboot the phone and it will be okay for a time before the problem starts over again. 

The other problem is that the alarmclock does not always go off. As with the missin ringtone, the problem is pretty intermittent. Sometimes it goes off others not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Experia XZ1 does not always ring

@StigD that's interesting. you should try if the same thing happens in safe mode, and if it still does, then you could try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

I have both these problems. It's pretty annoying. 

You can 'fix' the alarm problem by downloading an alarm app: I use early bird. Not sure how to fix the issue with calls not ringing, though. 

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@StigD do you use one of the ringtones that were preloaded on your phone or some custom sound?

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Yes, the default ringtone.

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@StigD that's interesting. you should try if the same thing happens in safe mode, and if it still does, then you could try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have now performed the software repair using Xperia Companion. So far so good :-) Will let you know if it the problems comes back.