account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Double tap to wake up and sleep

Learner
Message 1 of 61
Message 1 of 61

Double tap to wake up and sleep

Will xperia xz1 support double tap to sleep & wake up?

60 REPLIES 60
Adept
Message 2 of 61
Message 2 of 61

Re: Double tap to wake up and sleep

I asked this the stuff presenting the xz1 and xz1 compact yesterday at ifa in Berlin. They said no, not supported. Sadly. 

Adviser
Message 3 of 61
Message 3 of 61

Borderline mad bcoz this phone does not have this very important function... Read somewhere that Sony boasts having the best n latest support for Android. So make it happen n give us this function. Sooner rather than later... Please because do not want to wear out this quite important electro-mechanical on-off phone switch.

Learner
Message 4 of 61
Message 4 of 61

Double tap to wake

I miss double tap to wake function in my XZ1 so much, is there any chance to get it back in future software updates ? What should we do to get it back ?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 61
Message 5 of 61

Re: Double tap to wake

send a request to your local support I suppose?

I sent mine (Malaysian local support) but ended up receiving something like a canned response though.

Sage
Message 6 of 61
Message 6 of 61

Re: Double tap to wake

We have to setup a siege: they should add back that switch. I never had problem with double tap because I use a pouch, so it should be up to the user to decide if turn it on or off.

This cover sold by Sony wake up the device when you raise the lid, like on iPad, so they just have to enable back  tap-to-wake: https://estore.sonymobile.com/it/sony-style-cover-stand-scsg50-for-xperia-xz1-black-303068/

I tried with my ipad cover and it wakes up the XZ1.

One time poster
Message 7 of 61
Message 7 of 61

Double tap to sleep screen

We love double tap to sleep so much. bring it back on the next sofware release...

Regular
Message 8 of 61
Message 8 of 61

Re: Double tap to sleep screen

I miss this function too...

Learner
Message 9 of 61
Message 9 of 61

+1 we need this option back! 

Regular
Message 10 of 61
Message 10 of 61

Double tap to wake

Its not implement to XZ1 "double tap to wake up the phone" or any "night function" to night clock on display???

THX

Robert

New owner of XZ1