account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Display problem / Scratch on screen

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Display problem / Scratch on screen

My display got a scratche. So it can be removable or not? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Display problem / Scratch on screen

@amitdgp06,

Scratches and other damage not resulting from manufacturing faults or hardware flaws are not usually covered under warranty... But at the end of the day, I'm just another user like yourself.

Have a chat to Sony here, maybe I'm wrong... But don't be surprised if they tell you the scratch is not covered under warranty.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
6 REPLIES 6
Talent
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@amitdgp06 wrote:

a scratch cant be removed.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Profyler1 wrote:

@amitdgp06 wrote:

a scratch cant be removed.

Not without replacing the display at least... And not a cheap repair, so unless it's a pretty major scratch, I wouldn't bother.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

How

Pioneer
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@amitdgp06,

Contact Sony in your country here and ask them where the nearest Authorized Repair Center is - but bear in mind that a scratch is almost certainly going to be outside of warranty, which means it will cost you a small fortune to replace the display.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I am using sony xz1 dual. It's just a two week old phone. So i can't bear the expenses of replacing the display. Also no screen protector available for xz1 till now.

Pioneer
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@amitdgp06,

Scratches and other damage not resulting from manufacturing faults or hardware flaws are not usually covered under warranty... But at the end of the day, I'm just another user like yourself.

Have a chat to Sony here, maybe I'm wrong... But don't be surprised if they tell you the scratch is not covered under warranty.