account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Contacts shown even if second Google account deleted

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Contacts shown even if second Google account deleted

Hi,

This issue is driving me nut:

I use two Google accounts. One personal and a professional. From the professional one, all I want from it are the emails and the agenda. I do not want anything else, especially the contacts since it is the google account of my boss. He has more than 500 contacts.

So I know how to personalized the contacts I want to view. And that works well, but only when looking at my contacts. Whenever I SEARCH for a contact, it search and shows through my personal contacts AND the pro! Even though I do not sync those in the configuration. And worse, even I remove the whole professional account from the phone, it STILL shows all contacts from both account. This is insane.

Do you know how to stop this non sense? If yes your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

J.

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contacts shown even if second Google account deleted

Deleting an account doesn't delete your contact list.

Remember, everything is synced and backed up in the cloud.

Google on Google how to handle this.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi,
you should turn off sync google and then delete contact

I do this and it's worked

hope it's work for you too.

InShot

KingRoot

Lucky Patcher

Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Turn off sync and delete contacts doesn't work. It seems it keeps some kind of history. Will try asking Google.