account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Constant Xperia System Updates

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Constant Xperia System Updates

I have an XZ1. I tried to update my phone recently but it wouldn't download on the phone. Has to use the Sony companion PC program and it worked fine, new look all updated. Then the next day I have a notification saying update failed to download. Tried it again on the companion app. Downloaded an update. Installed. Rebooted. Nothing changed. Almost immediately after unplugging from my PC I get the same pending network message for my update... I'm stuck in a loop where I don't need an update but I can't get rid of the notifications. They're coming from "software update" but I can't see any app to force close called software update, it's only listed in the system settings section. 

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Constant Xperia System Updates

Hi @Oliver_Turp ;

Try clear the Software Update app cache and data (both) and restart phone, going to Settings>Apps and notifications>See all apps>top right 3 dots menu>Show system>Software Update>Storage>Clear data and clear cache.

Check also that the notifications you are recieving are not for different build number updates.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello, i am having same issue (sort of) i am on oreo my app shows me notification all the time that there is an update ready to download and when i do download and install the update cellphone restarts and then after 20 secs or so the cellphone shows a popup saying that phone couldn't be updated (failed to install) same issue goes for xperia companion it shows there's an update available i download it install it and again same error comes after restarting (both cases).. xz1 G8341

kindly tell me what to do?????

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

best is to return your phone and ask your money back.

Because there is no solution for it.