account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Connection problems/signal reception

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Connection problems/signal reception

Hi, I got my brand new XZ1 black yesterday from amazon.
Amazing device, a little bit too big for my taste but that's fine.
I noticed something strange though about the phone connection (not the wifi connection).
I disabled the 4g because my carrier, in my area, does not have a good signal.
That's not a big deal: I use my phones with 3g/hsdpa and I'm ok with that.
I noticed something strange though.
The signal strength keeps goin up and down continuously.
One moment it says 4 marks on hasdpa, then it goes down, then up again, then it goes to 0 so it switches to 3g, then it goes to hsdpa again.
I had an X compact before and this never happened. 
I think that if the phone keeps switching like this it will consume more battery (which is the reason why I disabled the 4g, as I don't have a good 4g signal here).
Has anyone else experienced this issue with their XZ1 ?
I understand that the X compact, being made in full plastic (polycarbonate) has a better reception, but I don't understand why, with the XZ1, the signal strength appears to be so unstable.
Thanks for your feedbacks.

1 REPLY 1
Regular
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connection problems/signal reception

Wifi is laggy i restarted my phone 5 times just for that to change wifi. Sony cracked our phones this is their profit to buy a new smartphone. I'll never buy another Sony phone this was the bigest mistake in my buyer life....