account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Charging stuck at 0%

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Charging stuck at 0%

Hi,

Last night my XZ1 suddenly stopped charging at while it was plugged into its original charger. The battery is now drained and I cannot get it to charge. The indicator (red charging light) would light up and it shows the charging animation, but it stucks at 0%. When I try to turn the phone on by force restart, the screen lights up with the "SONY" logo, vibrate once, then goes back to the 0% charging screen. 

I have tried multiple USB ports and charging cables and have waited for hours for it to charge, but nothing happens. I cannot do software repair because the battery is already drained and my computer doesn't recognize the device. Has anyone encountered this?

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Charging stuck at 0%

Hi @Nekrom, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this.

Charge the device for at least 30 minutes. If the battery is drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for your device to respond to the charging. During this time, the screen may remain completely dark, not showing the charging icon. Also note that it can take up to 4 hours for a completely drained battery to charge fully.

You may also wish to try the 2 minute restart process.

To force a 2-minute restart

1. Press and hold down both the volume up key and the power key Icn sony key and power k90 for 120 seconds, ignoring any vibrations.
  2. Release the keys. The device turns off automatically.
  3. Charge the device until a charging icon appears on the screen.
  4. Turn on your Xperia™ device.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.