account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cases

Apprentice
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Cases

Anyone could advise for purchasing a nice case for my new XZ1? 

Thanks.

😎

More info:
I'm happy with the XZ1 but it's not easy to grab and hold, it kind of slides in my hand. So I need a case.
I don't like cases that unfold. I just want to pick my phone in my pocket and watch the screen without unfolding something. So I need a case for the back and the sides + a protective cover for the screen.
DS

13 REPLIES 13
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cases

Hi @fargoth, welcome to our forum and congratulations on your new Xperia XZ1! Slightly smiling Face

It does sound like you are looking for a TPU case of some sort, these usually cover the sides and the back of the phone and you just put the phone into the case and it's easy to remove it.

If you live in a country where the Xperia eStore is launched you can have a look there and see if there are any cases that would suit you! Slightly smiling Face

If it's not launched in your market, you can always get in touch with your Local support team and see if they know of any good retailers in your market that sell cases / screen protectors for Xperia devices!

I hope that helps and have a great day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

The best case imo was also the cheapest :

http://s.aliexpress.com/rEbAbUfa

As for screen protector I could not find a full cover, full adhesive glass protector for now

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

@androlool wrote:

The best case imo was also the cheapest :

http://s.aliexpress.com/rEbAbUfa

As for screen protector I could not find a full cover, full adhesive glass protector for now

This is Chinese web site and most seller is Chinese. So quality is not good. I bought one case (my is brown, this is just example of case which i have) for my Xperia C5 Ultra Dual, it cost for me about 25 euros, if i remember right, they wrote that's cow skin. I have almost year it, plastic cover back broken after month or 2, all angels is broken, skin is faded after the same time. Fox example from official seller i bought case with the same plastic cover back and looks good, without broken back cover angels, only company's name is wiped. Cost about 22 euros. From Chinese case which i have looks little better if talk about design, coz from official seller i bought simple case, they did not had any others case for my model to sell, but Chinese case i couldn't bend down normal, only after 2 or more months i can close it normal, as must be. In Chinese web site was mentioned that quality is high, but price is too high and quality is not good, Don't trust in Chinese products Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

hi all! Thanks for your kind replies.

I was too impatient to get a case so before your replied I ordered a case + a protective screen cover :

Ebay.FR 

When I receive it, I'll tell you if I like it.

Thanks again and see you soon!!

DS

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

@fargoth wrote:

hi all! Thanks for your kind replies.

I was too impatient to get a case so before your replied I ordered a case + a protective screen cover :

Ebay.FR 

When I receive it, I'll tell you how if I like it.

Thanks again and see you soon!!

DS

It's better idea to buy from ebay as to buy from aliexpress. I hope everything will be fine, good luck Winking Face

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Grinning Face try to find cases that are not produced in China. I agree many of the products sold at aliexpress don't have good quality but some (the one mentioned above for example)  does good work for me. I still would not want to drop the phone on purpose. I use cases mostly to avoid scratches

Apprentice
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Another case that I saw just now but I think I would have ordered it as I prefer leather:

Ebay.com

The problem is that it's Chinese. Some Chinese products are solid, other are not. But European products are more expensive.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

@fargoth wrote:

Another case that I saw just now but I think I would have ordered it as I prefer leather:

Ebay.com

The problem is that it's Chinese. Some Chinese products are solid, other are not. But European products are more expensive.

Everyone chooses according to the opportunity. Good quality requires bigger price. I like stuff from natural, real good skin, but in my region it's expensive pleasure Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

hey Euphorics, do you know a good brand for real leather cases?