account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can only adjust media volume and minor UI changes.

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Can only adjust media volume and minor UI changes.

for example the sound control button can only change the media volume and unable to control the notification volume and those layout for the wifi flashlight shortcut key take up way more space compare to old version. Is there anyway to uninstall the new update?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: After updating the phone to Android version 9 most of the change is not user friendly

Xperifirm. There you can still find the old versions,tho you'll probably have to download a firmware from another country. Look at XDA devs,on how to do it,or send your phone to a local service,they should be able to do it no problem(warranty will not be void don't worry). But download xperifirm now and download ver. 47.1.A.XX.XX/XXX,depending on the country.(just make sure it is 47.1 not 47.2)

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: After updating the phone to Android version 9 most of the change is not user friendly

So agree with you, the volume control not doing the actual phone volume is sooo stupid.

I don't want to downgrade my os but I don't know if I can live with the volume control this way. 

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@KokHeng @Lubomir63 @Sony_fan_boy

There's a workaround for the people who want to control ringer and notification volume when pressing the volume buttons. Simply install Button Mapper v0.73 APK, grant it accessibility permission, then map your volume up button to "Volume up" and volume down button to "Volume down". This will make the volume buttons control ringtone and notification volume by default and you'll see 2 sliders on-screen: one for ringtones and the other for media.

Note: DO NOT install later versions of this app, you'll find this feature requires a paid subscription (unless you want to support the developer, of course).

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.