account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Buying Xperia XZ1 in 2018 ?

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Buying Xperia XZ1 in 2018 ?

Is it worth buying Xperia XZ1 in June of 2018 for 400 USD, considering the price tag and that the big bezzels don't bother me? The only thing keeping me from purchasing it, are the bad reviews on camera's low light performance. I would also appreciate any opinions on the device of the current or the ex owners. How does it perform as a daily driver? How is the build quality? Would you buy it again?
Any other opinions are welcome as well Slightly smiling Face I live in Europe and this device seems the most affordable option with a SD 835 and an IP67 rating, at the moment.

7 REPLIES 7
Rookie
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Buying Xperia XZ1 in 2018 ?

Hello, Yes i would definitely buy the product for the price point, but there is one thing you need to know the camera can't capture HDR photos if that doesn't bother you it's really great every day smartphone, with a good battery life

Highlighted
ezy
Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Ive never had a real problem with mine...

it is priced about right for a 1 year old phone as the specs are now premium high end (the quality of finish etc is still better than a plastic mid ranger)

there are lots of youtube reviews....  just remember to "listen" to them with their review being in relation to a 50% higher price point...  

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

at 400 dollars it would be a great buy. i myself got it at 400 dollars and you cant get any other 835 with this build quality and specs. 

software is very fast and stable and camera is great despite what everyone says. you can use manual mode for light its super easy just lower iso. 

good phone all around and i dont regret spending 400 dollars for it

Adept
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

In manual mode hdr pictures are easy to do, just turn hdr on. In automatic mode no hdr pictures . 

I can recommend xz1, very fast and stable phone. 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

only thing about xz1 is no volte or FP in the usa. i dont get why

ezy
Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

VoLTE is something the networks decide who gets what...   those are the people to ask why they have decided you can't have it

(normally it is something the network withholds as a competitive advantage for buying handsets from their own retail operation...  something that Apple & Samsung have had the sales power to refuse)

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

i didnt get the paranthesis part? So you're saying they cant decide against apple and samsung because thats the bulk of the money? so strangely the xz1c has it and not the xz1? 

how is it possible that the network operators don't want VOLTE on sony xz1? i always thought it was cuz sony cheaped out on paying for the VOLTE certification. 

and also another strange issue is lack of FP scanner in the USA. which the razor phone has in the same position.