account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Brand new Sony XZ1 returns to home screen when attempting to play games

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Brand new Sony XZ1 returns to home screen when attempting to play games

Hi there, as specified in the title I bought this phone 2018.5.24
I have factory resetted the phone numerous times and the problem still persists...if I update everything on the phone to the latest versions the 3D creator app doesn't even want to work. Any game related app will probably play for a few seconds and then it returns me to the home screen or not even work at all.

I really love the xperia series and will always be the only phone I use. Is there any solution to this problem or did I buy a faulty model? Is there even a proper model? are all XZ1's faulty?

I hate buying brand new products only to know that it's unusable and useless.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Brand new Sony XZ1 returns to home screen when attempting to play games

@Illisidan

My phone works perfectly (one month old). Did you update the phone to the latest available software (when I first powered on the phone, I had 4 system updates)? If you did, try a software repair using Xperia companion (be careful that this will erase all info / data on your phone so you better back up before) . If after Repair it has the same behaviour, take it back and get it replaced. Tell us how it goes.

All info for Xperia Companion and Repair here https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia-companion/#gref

Good luck!